Corey Sheep.
badges - weekly or at the end?
by Adrian Judd - Monday, 17 March 2014, 08:53 AM

The badges look nice, will they be issued weekly, or at the end please?

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
Re: badges - weekly or at the end?
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Monday, 17 March 2014, 09:32 AM

I'm just in the process of collecting the list of people who earnt one last week, so should be in the next couple of days!

Liz.

Corey Sheep.
by Adrian Judd - Monday, 17 March 2014, 12:05 PM

Thank you Elizabeth. I am not one for displaying certificates, but on the other hand if people want to see my full Moodle profile it's nice to be able to show them my badges - rather like the old trade union tradition of wearing a shop steward's badge or safety rep's badge on your suit/ denim jacket etc.

having a bad day... send chocolate
by Tracey Madden - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 02:25 PM

What should we do if our Backpack is registered to a different email address than the one we are using for this course?

by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 03:48 PM

I'm not sure, but I'll ask the Badge Guru and get back to you...

Jon Bounds
by Admin User - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 03:56 PM

I don't think badges are transferable between accounts—sorry.

We can issue you with one to your preferred email address — email us at support@openbrookes.net with the details.

To prevent further confusion it might be better to change your email on the site to the one you would like badges to be awarded with.

cheers

jon

Corey Sheep.
by Adrian Judd - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 03:56 PM

Add another email address to your backpack, then when you claim the badge, by clicking on the link in the email you can log in to your backpack and then  just select the email address you want to associate with the badge.

Make sure you add it to a collection though if you want it to be visible :-)

having a bad day... send chocolate
by Tracey Madden - Friday, 21 March 2014, 03:54 PM

Thanks everyone.

I went with having a two email addresses in Persona and now my Backpack effectively has two 'pockets' (I use the different email addresses for different kinds of courses.)

Nowhere to display these but keep collecting them just in case.

Picture of Orla Daly
by Orla Daly - Tuesday, 1 April 2014, 12:45 PM

Hi,

I have completed all the badge activities to date but did not click the check box at the time.  There does not seem to be an option to now tick the check box??  I would like to demonstrate the collection of badges to a group so it would be nice to have more than one (just claimed one today).  Is there any way of ensuring I collect all?

Thanks

by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Tuesday, 1 April 2014, 12:54 PM

Hi Orla

Yes, just tick the boxes from now on, and I'll award you the ones that have already gone when I'm back at my desk tomorrow.

(For everyone else: if you'd like to claim a badge after we've awarded them, just drop me an email at ejlovegrove@brookes.ac.uk, and I'll manually award the badge.)

Liz.