marion waite
Do we need a like button?
by Marion Waite - Thursday, 13 March 2014, 10:00 AM

I have seen lots of posts and ice-breaker activities that I like but don't have anything to add to the responses but would still like to acknowledge. Does anyone else feel the same?

Marion

Picture of Heli Nurmi
Re: Do we need a like button?
by Heli Nurmi - Thursday, 13 March 2014, 12:46 PM

Yes, Marion

I've many times wanted to press the like button or "flag" also her in the forums. Is it possible or easy to add?

I answered via email first but that comment has not come here, so it is better to come here in first. All is learning and experiments show what is possible and what is not.

Corey Sheep.
by Adrian Judd - Friday, 14 March 2014, 06:16 PM

Moodle is missing a retweet button as well!

Picture of Charlotte Steer
by Charlotte Steer - Sunday, 16 March 2014, 09:13 AM

Yes please. all of the above suggestions. one of the readings for week 1 points out that an unanswered or uncommented on post can make the writer feel neglected, misunderstood, off topic etc because they get no feedback on their post - but its too time consuming to answer them all. Best wishes, charlotte

Picture of Dona Foster
by Dona Foster - Sunday, 16 March 2014, 01:02 PM

It would be great to have a like. Although I liked most of them!

Dona

having a bad day... send chocolate
by Tracey Madden - Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 11:36 AM

Yes, some kind of button helps you locate posts that you would like to return to, so I would definately like a Like button :-)

Corey Sheep.
by Adrian Judd - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 12:47 PM

The nearest thing on Moodle would be to include a 'choice' actvity after each page/ label/ folder and allow people to express how they feel...

for example if you turn editing on, and select to add a choice' activity:

You end up with this...

(:-)

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 01:31 PM

That's a great idea, Adrian! I hadn't thought of using the choice activity like that - might steal it in the future (although I think I'd choose different labels :-)

Liz.

Corey Sheep.
by Adrian Judd - Friday, 21 March 2014, 02:25 PM

The first few are copied from a blog about chess, a couple from Stephen Brookfield, and a few made up. No reason why these should be the ones used - I think solely positive ones would better.